Sunday, October 16, 2011

Robot Baby Shower Decor


I wanted to share some of the details from the robot baby shower. 


This is another thrift store frame that I spray painted. It's an easy way to a give a pop of color, as well as label different areas of the shower. There were a lot of people that didn't know each other, so I thought that name tags would be nice. They were especially nice in keeping track of points during the games.


The Robot Party Cricut cartridge arrived the day before the shower, so I was able to make this banner just in time. The cartridge hand so many amazing shapes, I wish that I would have found it sooner. Oh well, I guess Riot is just going to have to have robot-themed birthday parties as well. 

I had this piece of wall "art" laying around in the garage. I bought it a few years ago on clearance at Target for $8. I figured just the frame was worth that much.

I wasn't in love with the tropical leaf so I took it out. I painted a few coats of chalkboard paint directly on the glass. Not digging old-school chalk, I ordered these little guys on Amazon. Chalkboard markers are so cool!

Ryan was an amazing help with all of the decorations. Guests really liked his welcome sign using the chalkboard. Check out the after. The new mommy liked it so much, she asked if she could put it in the baby's room.

Ryan also used the chalkboard markers to add these little robots to the bathroom mirror. The markers can be used on chalkboards, windows, mirrors, and more. All it takes is a little water to clean it off.



How cute is the robot baby with a robot teddy bear?!


  

Many of the photos by Sarah
.................................................................................................................

UPDATE:


The chalkboard that Ryan created is now featured in Riot's baby room:



2 comments:

  1. Everything you did is darling! I found you randomly by Google-image-searching for robot shower ideas. My friend is having a little one in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! Well I hope that you found some inspiration, because when I was planning a robot shower for my sister I could hardly find anything. I had to get very creative. ;) So glad you found me!

      Delete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...