Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Brown Butter Parmesan Chicken Linguine

This pasta dirties A LOT of dishes. And despite that horrifying image, I would make it again. 'Cause I liked it...I liked it A LOT. Unfortunately, Ryan was sick, all stuffed up, and couldn't taste anything, so he obviously didn't appreciate this pasta as much as I did. You best believe I had no problem finishing the leftovers all by myself. Mmmm...so good.

Sweet caramelized onions, decadently rich brown butter, wine-soaked mushrooms, topped off with salty Parmesan = one kick-ass pasta! It's mighty delicious and definitely an indulgence. I tried to tell myself "well at least the pasta is whole-wheat."  It's that kind of thinking that led to these little love handles of mine. Oh well...I indulge, then I Zumba!


Brown Butter Parmesan Chicken Linguine

Adapted from How Sweet It is

Ingredients
  • 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. hot paprika
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
  • 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 1 sweet onion, sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup dry white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
  • 1/2 lb. whole wheat linguine
  • 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • Freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan for topping

Directions
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Add chicken to the skillet and saute until pieces are cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and set chicken aside in a bowl.

Reduce heat to low and add 1/2 Tbsp. butter. Add sliced onions to skillet, with a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions have caramelized, about 20 minutes.

While onions are caramelizing, heat a large pot of water to a boil for pasta. Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 5 Tbsp. butter, whisking constantly. Continue cooking and whisking until brown bits form on the bottom, remove immediately so that butter doesn't burn; set aside. As soon as water begins boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente and drain from water.

Remove onions once caramelized, then set aside in a bowl. Add 1/2 Tbsp. butter to skillet and add mushrooms. Saute a couple of minutes, then add onions back into the skillet. Add minced garlic and stir all together for about a minute. 

Increase the heat to medium and add white wine. Let wine simmer with onion mixture for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken and pasta to skillet and toss many times, until well coated. Turn off heat and stir in Parmesan. Drizzle all of the brown butter over pasta and toss a few more times. Sprinkle more Parmesan and chopped parsley on top of pasta when serving.

I was excited to use the paprika I bought while in Madrid. It just feels fancy. 

Thank you Jessica at How Sweet It Is for this incredible recipe! If you've never checked out her site, you must. She's hilarious and shares so many delicious recipes.



Pin It

I'm sharing this dish over at 52 MantelsCreation Corner, and WhipperBerry. Go check out all of the other great ideas!

Thanks Emily, at 52 Mantels, for featuring my pasta!

5 comments:

  1. OMG. This looks SO SO good (and, I very rarely say OMG...but, it was fitting in this moment!). :)

    Thank you SO SO much for linking this up. I've been drooling over it all week. I'll be featuring it later today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! I tried to leave a comment on the features page, but it didn't want to work for me. :(

      Delete
  2. This looks incredible! I am pinning this one so I remember to make it! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this too and we loved it as well. I agree about the dirty dishes but luckily, my sous chef is my dishwasher!

    Great entry in the Iron Baker Challenge, by the way. I love the white chocolate mousse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And how do I get me one of those sous chefs that washes dishes? ;)

      Delete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...