Thursday, December 15, 2011

5 Days of Felt : Snowy Trees

I'm sorry I've been slacking on posting for the 5 Days of Felt. I have multiple felt projects started, but none finished. I also have my hands in about 10 different handmade gifts for Christmas. Sometimes I look around and think How am I going to get this all done? But as a lifelong procrastinator, I'm sure I'll pull it out. Last minute, that's just how I function.


Sometimes crafty ideas don't turn out quite the way you hope. I had high hopes for these snowy trees. They ended up looking not-so-fabulous. I spent way too long trying to make the tops of the trees look right and they still look funny. But I'm going to share them with you all anyway. Day 3 of 5 Days of Felt : snowy white felt trees.


I started with styrofoam cones. I bought the green cones since they were on sale (the white cones, of course, were not). I first covered the cones with a layer of white felt so that the green wouldn't show through.


Next, I cut strips of felt about 2 inches wide and then cut a scalloped edge into each strip. 


I ran glue and sprinkled glitter along the curved edges. You can kind of see the glitter below. It makes it look like freshly fallen snow.


After hot gluing all of the strips to the cone, the last step is making a top for the tree. Mine look weird, I hope yours will look better.



Day One: Ruffly Rosette Wreath
Day Two: Felt Gift Bows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...