In posting this, I realize that I haven't even shared with you all that I'm pregnant! After planning the wedding, then getting knocked up, and teaching high school on top of it all - I just have so little energy. Little energy = blog not being updated. So sorry! I'll do my best to continue to share all of the crazy and creative things we come up with (including our Gender Reveal BBQ).
For now, here's the last minute costumes that my husband came up with using crap we had around the house.
An hour before a costume party, out in the boonies, we were left with few options. My genius idea: I'll be Super Baby-maker, just tie a cape around my neck. But he insisted we have some sort of couple's costume (guess he didn't want to be the Super Impregnater).
So he came up with these baseball-inspired costumes. Quick, easy, cheap, and best of all (for me at least) comfortable.
What we used:
- large men's white t-shirt
- giant red sharpie
- baseball tee (+ hair tie for cinching tight)
- baseball hat
- black face paint (could use eyeliner)
- black button-up shirt
- MLB logos and ump number printed on normal paper
- sticker maker
- square cut piece of foam
- black baseball hat
- black face paint
For the umpire, Ryan found some MLB logos online and an ump's number and printed them on regular computer paper. He cut them out and ran them through my old sticker maker. We googled images of umps to see where to stick them. A couple on the sleeves, one on the front, and one on his hat. We had some thick foam out in the garage. He cut a square to fit under his shirt. Then it was time to paint a mask.
Ryan's artistic skills come in handy with face paint when Halloween rolls around (as you've seen here and here). But when it comes to the umpire mask, I'm pretty sure even those lacking artistic abilities, like myself, could do it. It's just a series of lines. If you don't have face paint lying around, you could definitely use eyeliner. Sharpie not recommended. ;)
For my outfit, we started with one of Ryan's old white t-shirts. I had him cut off the sleeves to make it more comfortable so it wouldn't bunch up under the Dodgers shirt. We also cut a vertical slit on each side of the t-shirt at the waist and cut a few horizontal strips to tie in order to pull the shirt a little tighter to make it taut across the stomach. You can kind of see the ties below.
Ryan took a large red sharpie and drew the baseball stitches on my stomach. I put the Dodgers shirt over the top, gathered it in the front with a hair tie and tucked it underneath. Then Ryan painted black strips under my eyes. And we added glitter over the top, because well...I like glitter. Finished it off with a ball cap and some comfy under the belly leggings.
Knocked up and out of the park!