Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Brussels Sprouts with Sriracha Honey and Lime


Don't be afraid! They're just tiny, little cabbages. 


Ryan was unsure when I first uttered the words: Brussels Sprouts. But as soon as I mentioned that I would be dousing them in Sriracha, he was more than willing to try 'em. And they turned out to be outrageously good! Now I can't wait to drizzle other veggies with this Sriracha honey lime sauce. It almost tastes like an eggroll, minus all those extra calories.



If you have non-believers-in-Brussels-sprouters in your house, try this one out on them. You just might make them believe...

Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts Tossed in a Sriracha Honey Lime Sauce

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. brussel sprouts
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
  • 3 Tbsp. honey
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice
  • salt
Directions
Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and then cut each one in half. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts to pan cut side down (Careful: hot oil may splatter!) and season with salt. Fry until golden brown.

In a small bowl, whisk together Sriracha, honey, and lime juice. Taste and add more Sriracha to desired heat level. Remove Brussels sprouts and add to a bowl. Toss with Sriracha mixture. Serve while it's still hot!








I'm sharing these tasty little cabbages over at Unveil Your GeniusCookie Nut Creations, Mommy By Day Crafter By Night, Be Colorful, Crafty Scrappy Happy, and 30 Handmade Days.

Thanks Mique, at 30 Handmade Days, for featuring my Brussels Sprouts!

12 comments:

  1. I am such a huge fan of Brussels Sprouts & my boyfriend loooves anything with Sriracha! So I cannot wait to try this during the week!

    -Madeline Grace
    Just Let the Sparrows Fly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great pairing. :)
    Thanks for linking up to "Unveil Your Genius" link party! I hope you'll link up again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. made this last night - was the first time i'd ever eaten brussels.
    and
    OMG

    so delicious. sooooooo!!! thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Now you're a fellow Brussels Sprouts lover. So glad you liked it!

      Delete
  4. I'm not too big on brussel sprouts but the big guy is so I think I need to give this a whirl for him and who knows? All dressed up I might like them too.
    Thanks for sharing your tasty recipe on this week's Motivated Monday at BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually quite like brussels sprouts, if they are prepared well. I've never cooked with sriracha, though. It sounds really delicious! My opinion is, you can't go wrong with anything that tastes like an eggroll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this and it was fantastic! I was a little worried because I know brussels sprouts are usually a winter veggie, but I saw them at the store and I couldn't resist. Then I saw your sriracha-infused recipe and was sold on it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made these tonight for dinner and they were absolutely AMAZING. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so glad you made them and like them! It kind of makes me want to make them again...tonight. haha

      Delete
  8. I am flattered that you tried my recipe! I bet each bite was just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many servings does this make?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...